Is it possible to have each desktop log in separately as a different
user?

I'd like to be able to quickly switch users without terminating an
existing session.  Ideally, I'd have each desktop be able to log on as a
different user, then just use the pager to switch users. The goal is to
let my wife can use the computer with her own settings while I can leave
my editors open with 1/2 composed e-mails, programs and such.

I've thought of rigging something up with VNC, but think it would be too
much of a load/delay.

PS: I'm using KDE, but it shouldn't matter.

--
Ryan Oertel <Ryan at IntegraOnline.Com>