I've had good luck with exim on Debian.

The config file is pretty straight forward to setup. It has a nice
mechanism to process (and then munge [and continue processing] or
forward) messages.

I have it integrated with spam checking software and then sending
messages off to mailing lists or forward to local users' real email
addresses.

There are a lot of online resources out there for exim that can help you
do other interesting things to incoming mail.

Mike