On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 10:59:19PM -0500, Yaron wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Ok, so I decided that setting up a machine to do dual-head is cheaper than
> getting a bigger monitor (since I already have two small ones).
>
> The machine I'm on already has an AGP card, so I went out and got a PCI
> video card, which is nVidia-based (same as the AGP card - seemed like a
> good idea).

What AGP card do you have exactly? Does it have a DVI output? If so, you can
get (or may have already gotten) a DVI->VGA adapter which would mean
you don't need a second video card at all.

GeForce2 and GeForce4 cards support this ("TwinView", iirc), GeForce3's
unfortunately do not.

Depending on what you have, it may be the same price or cheaper to pick
up a GeForce4 MX 440 with the DVI output, (and again, depending on what
you have) upgrade your video card all at once.