np wrote:

> i have a question that i hope someone might be able to help with. i've been
> fooling around with debian linux for around a year or so, mostly for fun to
> try and learn some basic sysadmin stuff, plus also to use some fun
> linux-only opensource audio software i discovered. i've really enjoyed
> learning linux, but i feel i've got about as far as i can get using the
> study-from-the-book method. i was wondering if anyone knew of any community
> college (or otherwise) classes that focus on linux in particular? something
> along the lines of the classes offered here: http://www.nylxs.com/classes/

If you're anywhere near Eden Prairie you could try Hennepin Tech. I took
a couple of the UNIX courses a long time ago (mid to late 90s), they
were pretty good back then. It looks like they may be teaching some
Linux specific stuff now - go to the link below and search for Linux.

I'm not sure if it's still the same instructors or not (probably not),
but it's worth a shot. The classes were relatively cheap when I went,
but that has almost definately changed since then.

http://134.29.253.251/htc/FMPro?-db=wsyllabi.fp5&-lay=general&-format=search.htm&-view

If you do wind up going I'd be interested in hearing what you thought of
it. Good luck!

--Chad