You might might to show up at the install fest to get a newer version of RedHat and get more detailed help
http://www.tclug.org/installfest/

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/IP-Masquerade-HOWTO/

> 2.) graphics card... I have an all-in-wonder 128 pro which I use on a
no experience here

> 3.) internet connection... At the moment I'm using aol is there any way
no experience here (I could give the usual "why do you want to use AOL?", but I won't)

> 4.) NTFS... I know that mandrake comes with the ability to mount ntfs
much better support in newer kernels/distros

> 5.) Accessing windows shares... I have a small home network and It would
ensure samba is installed, you might want to read up on "smbmount"

> 6.) scanner and printer... I have a visioneer 5300 usb one touch scanner
no joy on scanner:
http://www.mostang.com/sane/sane-mfgs.html#VISIONEER

> and a HP Laser Jet 1000 (also usb) is there anyway to get both (or
mostly:
http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-LaserJet_1000

> 7.) mouse... I have a generic 5 button scroll wireless mouse (plugged in
http://www.xfree86.org/current/mouse.html
here is my "InputDevice" section for in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Configured Mouse"
	Driver		"mouse"
	Option		"CorePointer"
	Option		"Device"		"/dev/psaux"
	Option		"Protocol"		"ImPS/2"
	Option		"ZAxisMapping"		"4 5"
EndSection

http://lineak.sourceforge.net/index.php?nav=keyboards

> 9.) Black Box... I've seen a desktop program (like KDE and gnome) called
if you want to stick with redhat 7.2 you'll probably have to compile from source.  If you get a newer RedHat, check out www.freshrpms.net
the 7.3 RPM may work
http://valhalla.freshrpms.net/rpm.html?id=454