Umm, not really a load test, but a good "visual" of system loads, disk hits, etc. can be found using gkrellm or gkrellm2. It's been a while since I've used it but seemed fairly good overall.

Of course, you could do a real load test by setting up a heavy duty machine as your terminal server....     http://www.ltsp.org      I'm currently trying to figure out a way to do that for me at home.

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 14:26:02 -0500
"Sadanapalli, Pradeep Kumar (MED, TCS)" <Pradeep.Sadanapalli at med.ge.com>
wrote:

> Thank you for all your responses. As we are migrating from Windows
> Workstations
> to Linux Workstations, many times I am facing the question "How
> reliable and stable is Linux GUI or Linux?"
> That is the reason I am looking for a Load test of the whole system,
> kernel as well as GUI.
> I am wondering if there is a benchmarking tool for this? I appreciate
> if anyone points me in this direction...!!
> Please correct me if my idea is totally wrong...
>
> Pradeep

Shawn

The difficult we do today; the impossible take a little longer.