> Join us this May 14 & 15 at the Minneapolis Convention Center to
> compare, contrast and develop your business strategies.
>
> Hear the World's Most Famous Former Hacker - A Captivating presentation
> by Kevin Mitnick - The Art of Deception: Are YOU In Danger of Being
> "Conned?"

If you go to that meeting you sure will be "conned." (of your time, that is)
Is it only me or does anyone else think Mitnick should just "STFU." All he
did was break the law, he was in jail, and his out again. To me he is just
another common criminal.

> Mitnick illustrates why a misplaced reliance on security technologies
> alone, such as firewalls, authentication devices, encryption, and
> intrusion detection systems are virtually ineffective against a
> motivated attacker using these techniques.

Mitnick depeneded on these techniques because he had no real techincal
knowledge. Why would anyone go to a meet or buy a book for that matter who's
whole topic is pretending you're an important client and you need your
password because either you changed and are too stupid to remember it or
you're someone else important and "just checking" to be sure of something.

> In building this body of knowledge, Kevin gained unauthorized access to
> computer systems at some of the largest corporations on the planet and
> penetrated some of the most resilient computer systems ever developed.
>
> www.strictlybusinessexpo.com

Speaking of penetration and jail earlier... why doesn't Mitnick wear his
pretty little pink tutu anymore?