FYI, a couple of years ago, a friend of mine developed a FLASH card reader
for the Apple ][e. You can boot from it, and it behaves just like a hard
drive. It works on the GS as well.

I wrote the ProDOS device driver (in good ol' 6502 assembler) for the ][e
version, and one of the GS developers wrote the GS driver so you can have
larger "partitions" on a big flash card. (8-bit ProDOS has a maximum
volume size of 32MB.) My friend's wife is a professional technical writer,
so it even comes with a good manual in the style of old Apple hardware,
with a lot of technical information. (And I just read that there's an
Apple /// driver.)

Anyway, if you really want to learn more, or buy a card, see his web page
here:

http://www.dreher.net/?s=projects/CFforAppleII&c=projects/CFforAppleII/main.php

I have no financial interest in the project.

--
Chris Schumann, Partner             Third Wave Partnership, LLC
Office 612-920-4364                        722 W 66 St, PMB 302