> I'll bite!  Sounds like fun to me....  is there plenty of open source /
> linux compatable software for vjing?
> what about hardware etc?
>
> A quick google on vj took me to : www.vjcentral.com - any other usful
> links?

	You've hit the nail on the head there. VJforums.com is the sister-site, and those two should have most of what you're looking for.

	Sadly, there's not much for linux software, there's the effecTV project, which is basically an FX box, but not much else. There's some hardware that's linux based and proprietary, such as Edirol's DV7-PR, and a project that I'm working on that will most likely need to be linux, but again that's purpose-built hardware. Most of the VJ developers work on mac or windows.

	I don't want to burden the list with too much non-linux talk, and as there's not much application for linux in VJing, please send any more questions off-list, or just check out vjforums/vjcentral.

	I will want to solicit linux developers for my own project at some point, but I have more research to do before I'm ready to know what I'm looking for.

Matt