Mark Browne writes:
> The possibility for Microsoft mischief boggles the imagination. As it
> is now, getting things signed is enough to drive a sane person around
> the bend. Imagine having to do this for every compile you make. Ask
> anybody who has to work with Verisign on a regular basis - does
> "Security set you free"?

Getting things signed now is not difficult.  You buy a code signing
certificate from VeriSign or Thawte and can sign whatever you want.  I don't
imagine that they'll do things any differently.  There will likely also be
test certificates, to let you run code on your local machine.

It is extremely unlikely that the PC will go the route of the Xbox.  And
even that was cracked.

--
David Phillips <david at acz.org>
http://david.acz.org/