> you might have a look at the IP addresses of boxes on your inside,
> wireless and that "DMZ" port.  My bet is that they're all on the same
> network, eg 192.168.0.x if your Linksys is handing out IP's via DHCP.
>
> DMZ ports on these all-in-one boxes just mean everything is open to that
> port.  If the box you plug into the DMZ port gets hacked, they now have
> access to your other machines if they're on the same network.

Yes, I was aware of how the DMZ on my linksys works.  What I was missing is
a) all DMZ's don't work like the one on my linksys and b) people are trying
to protect themselves from wireless attacks by separating the wireless
network from the rest of the network.  Personally, I am much more afraid of
attacks from the internet and I would find it too much of an inconvenience
to separate my wireless network from the rest of my network.

Mike