Yaron wrote:
> Hey, that's pretty cool.
>
> How about some pointers/information? how stable is the thing so far? What
> did you do with the defogging thing? Links to interesting/useful articles?
>
> -Yaron
>
> --

Sure I can give pointers/info:

A basic article, the one I first used is here:

http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2002mar/bch20020318010765.htm

Two people said in the posts on the topic that they used pencil lead as
a conductor, I tried this and it didn't work for me, also, I just took
the adheasive from the rear window repair kit and connected the bridge,
one article talked about having to plug the laser made cut in the bridge
with something non-conductive, I didn't do this and it worked, but I
also scraped away at the processor a lot trying to re-apply the
adheasive correctly so I may have scraped deep enough to get rid of the
cut.

Another article that is more in depth and step by step is here:

http://www.cluboverclocker.com/reviews/motherboards/iwill/mpx2/

and where I got the rear window defog kit answer.

Also, the L5 cache seems to vary on differnt XP's, in the pictures in
the articles the bridge you need to connect is on the opposite end of
the L5 lable, on my 2200's it was right next to the L5 label. To get a
better view of my CPU I googled for an "up close" picture of the 2200
and found one, don't have the link, but that helped.

In the BIOS I disabled MP checking and set the Slu (I think that is what
it is called) to 1. Probably not necessary but this is what I did.

The system has been running all day with no problems, seems stable for now.

--
Erick Stohr
Burnsville, MN
erick at enrwebdev.com