Sunday, December 28, 2003   @   9:00:41 PM Central Standard Time

Hi.  I was wondering if anyone had any advice regarding the following
situation I have with Road Runner.

I fired up an e-mail server over here this weekend (1st time since I
have had RR), and cannot send mail to many of the Big Guy(AOL,
RoadRunner, etc...) mail servers.  I have been able to send mail, just
the big guys seem to block me.  I receive rejects from their mail
servers saying my IP address & or server is a residential spam bomb pirate,
and should be treated like a punk.  Here is one from Netscape/AOL:

UNDELIVERABLE MAIL

Your message to the following recipients cannot be delivered:

<************@netscape.net>:
    mailin-04.mx.netscape.net [205.188.158.57]:
<<< 554- (RTR:BB)  The IP address you are using to connect to AOL is a dynamic
<<< 554- (residential) IP address.  AOL will not accept future e-mail transactions
<<< 554- from this IP address until your ISP removes this IP address from its list
<<< 554- of dynamic (residential) IP addresses.  For additional information,
<<< 554  please visit http://postmaster.info.aol.com.

& here is one I received from Road Runner while sending mail to an
account their:

 UNDELIVERABLE MAIL

Your message to the following recipients cannot be delivered:

<**********@mn.rr.com>:
    kcmx03.mgw.rr.com [24.94.165.192]:
>>> MAIL FROM:<bob at b-o-b.homelinux.com>
<<< 550 5.7.1 Mail Refused - 65.27.80 - See
http://security.rr.com/mail_blocks.htm#security - 20031122

I have standard Residental Cable Modem Access w/a Dynamic IP.
I have a host name/dynamic dns (free) service through www.dyndns.org.
dyndns allows me to setup a MX record for my host on the domain name
they gave me, so I did.  I am running the Courier mail server (if that
matters).

I was wondering if anyone else out their had problems like this, and
what they did to get around it (if you can get around it).

I know I could get a real IP from a real ISP, and get a real domain
name, but all that costs money that I don't have to spend on such
foolishness for my house at the moment.

Many Thanks,

Robert (aka B_o_B) David Felix De Mars
West Longitude 90' 15' 43"