Samuel MacDonald <smac at visi.com> writes:

> Um....
>
> I don't know why but I got this, I haven't seen any problems.

That relates to another list, not this list.  You *are* signed up for
the talk at tcphp.org list, right?

Did you read the full message?  It says it got a bounce on one
specific list message sent to you, and it gives a full copy of the
bounce message, which says that visi refused the message.

Have you fetched message 7704 from that mailing list's archives?  Did
you in fact already receive that message?

I guess I'm confused by your confusion; all the details of exactly
what happened are laid out very explicitly in the message.

> Sam.
>
> talk-help at tcphp.org wrote:
>
>>Hi! This is the ezmlm program. I'm managing the
>>talk at tcphp.org mailing list.
>>
>>I'm working for my owner, who can be reached
>>at talk-owner at tcphp.org.
>>

>>Messages to you from the talk mailing list seem to
>>have been bouncing. I've attached a copy of the first bounce
>>message I received.
>>
>>If this message bounces too, I will send you a probe. If the probe bounces,
>>I will remove your address from the talk mailing list,
>>without further notice.
>>

>> I've kept a list of which messages from the talk mailing list have
>> bounced from your address.
>>
>>Copies of these messages may be in the archive.
>>To retrieve a set of messages 123-145 (a maximum of 100 per request),
>>send an empty message to:
>>   <talk-get.123_145 at tcphp.org>
>>
>>To receive a subject and author list for the last 100 or so messages,
>>send an empty message to:
>>   <talk-index at tcphp.org>
>>
>>Here are the message numbers:
>>
>>   7704
>>
>>--- Enclosed is a copy of the bounce message I received.

>>Date: 14 Dec 2003 10:21:30 -0000
>>From: MAILER-DAEMON at max.pajunas.net
>>To: talk-return-7704- at tcphp.org
>>Subject: failure notice
>>
>>Hi. This is the qmail-send program at max.pajunas.net.
>>I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
>>This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.
>>
>><smac at visi.com>:
>>12.158.35.251 failed after I sent the message.
>>Remote host said: 571 Message Refused

David Dyer-Bennet, <dd-b at dd-b.net>, <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/>
Photos: <dd-b.lighthunters.net>  Snapshots: <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/>
Dragaera/Steven Brust: <dragaera.info/>