The software that came with it "Nero 6" can set the speed of the CDRW. I
kept my 24x Teac CDROM as the master drive of the 2 drives.  I should be
able to go CD to CDR.  I got this thing at Best Buy it was $60 with $40
in rebates. It's made by Digital Research Technology, I Couldn't resist
the final $20 price.

Sam.