I'm looking for a local source of brand-name DVD+RW bulk media (no jewel
cases, 25 or 50 pieces) at a reasonable price. I'm not going to buy a
dual-media recorder because my "+ only" drive works just fine thanks, and
+ media appears to have some technical advantages too (like the DVD+RW
discs erase in about 4 seconds).

Can anyone local come close to prices at eCost or Amazon?

Local shops do have acceptable prices on write-once media, but seem to be
very high on RWs.

Here are some quick checks of web sites to get started:

BestBuy.com TDK 25pk for $85
CircuitCity.com NO bulk DVD+RW
OfficeDepot.com Imation 25pk $99
OfficeMax.com NO bulk DVD+RW
MicroCenter.com Imation 25pk $86, Memorex 25pk $80, TDK 25pk $75

eCost.com Imation 25pk $92, TDK 25pk $72, Verbatim 50pk $444
Amazon.com Memorex 25pk $39, TDK 25pk $78

OK, so apparently it's only Amazon (which I regard as evil) when it sells
Memorex (which I regard as 2nd tier) that's a good deal. Tran Micro and
General Nanosystems do not list media on their web sites.

Still, any suggestions for local stores are greatly appreciated.

--
Chris Schumann, Partner             Third Wave Partnership, LLC
Office 612-920-4364                        722 W 66 St, PMB 302