<snip>
> Franklin's dire warnings are soon going to be tested under
<snip>

These quotes of Franklin are favorites of mine, but I hardly think they
are dire warnings, and they have been tested before in this country.

> converge into Big Brother a la George Orwell's 1984, which
> was just twenty years ahead of its time.
<snip>

Now, perhaps I'm picking nits, but Orwell's 1984 was published in 1949,
so 54 years ahead of it's time, by the original email author's logic.

To be a little more on topic, I guess I don't totally see how secure
computing will endanger Linux. At the very least, I see SCO's FUD doing
much greater harm in the long run than an extra chip on a motherboard.
Perhaps I don't know enough though...

/me goes to read up on secure computing