To be clear, you should have what Sam mentioned when you're dialed in.

You currently only have the loopback iface. Basically connected to nothing. If you're
using dialup, you'll need to use the same ifconfig command and look for a new ppp0
interface as well.

If you get the ppp0 interface, try pinging 199.199.150.254 and let me know what you get.

-mj

Here's what Chester Larson babbled earlier :

Jentges.NET, Inc.
Voice: 763.783.3702
Cell:    763.370.1201