On another list there was an extended conversation on what to use for a
hardware raid device. An inexpensive solution mentioned was the promise tx2
pro. If I can get it to work it will be a good choice for our church.

On boot up I am able to create a mirror of two 30 Gig drives, but on install
fedora sees both drives, hde and hdg. I wrestled with it for a while, but it
seems the raid utility writes something to the hard drives that Linux
doesn't like. I did go ahead with an install to see what would happen, and
of course on a reboot the raid utility shows the mirror in a critical state,
etc....

I broke the mirror and duplicated the drives, hoping it might somehow work,
but it will not boot.

If I boot to the cdrom and the install complains about two devices labeled
/.

Promise has a little bit of code available, but I am not sure how to put it
to use on an install.

Any ideas how to get past this?

Raymond