So do I understand the implications of this?  See, in MN in order to receive
your unemployment insurance, you must register (and if you apply for
benefits, you are automatically registered with a lastname-last4 of your SSN
username/password.  You MUST confirm registration on the site to keep
getting you benefits).  So every unemployed person in MN uses this site.
And from what I understand from looking at the site the job seekers that use
the site to find a job are open to this too...  Scary since there are 56,000
active resumes on the system, probably at least 4 times as many users.

So if I logged in and someone sniffed my SSN and thieved my identity would
the state of MN be held liable for not protecting my sensitive info?

Say it ain't so...