That depends. If the FORM ACTION URL is https.. it works. Just changing
the address to https will usually give the same page as http. The page
itself will be transferring using SSL, but your submission will not, if
the action is not.

Well, actually if the action just uses a relevant page (like
../cgi-bin/script.pl) then I think it would use SSL. But if it specified
http://domain.com/cgi-bin/script.pl then it would not work.

Correct me if I'm wrong.