> You have to enter your SSN when signing up.  SSL is supported if you
> manually change the URL to https://www.mnworks.org/jsli.cfm, but it
> really should be over SSL all the time in my opinion.

Most of the state stuff works this way.  I've talked to some of the admins
at the state level, they claim it's for compatibility issues and whatnot.
Umm, can you say LAZY?

The state still insists on using a TN3270 connection to its mainframes,
unencrypted, over port 23.  They have an SSL tunnel that you can use if
you know how, but they don't really tell anyone that.  They also have
asked me why I'd want to use it when TN3270 is easier to set up.

Someone over there just doesn't get it.