Hey everyone,

I posted on this topic a couple days ago but didn't get any response.
I'm going to post this again in case someone out there lost the
original in the email shuffle.

I think I need procmail and formail to do what I want, but I haven't
had any luck finding the docs I need to figure this out on my own. Some
background:

I just installed Request Tracker for out tech support people to use to
track computer and software problems. It's working great so far. We
have a lot of different schools and I want to make things as easy as
possible for teachers. I created an email address of the form
help at myschool.k12.mn.us that teachers and other staff can use to add
items to the RT database. I want to use procmail to inspect the Subject
line of all emails sent to help at myschool.k12.mn.us and redirect those
emails to other recipients (and thereby better organizing the tickets).

For example, an email sent to help at myschool.k12.mn.us that contains
"Read 180" somewhere in the subject should get redirected to
tis-help at myschool.k12.mn.us. I'm using Debian, Postfix, and procmail
for local mail delivery. The "help" and "tis-help" addresses do not
correspond to actual users on the system. They're simply aliases.

Any ideas?

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson