> rest of Ford's full size sedans. So my Mark VI is merely "big" rather
> than the 60-70's era "obscenely huge". The trunk is actually smaller
> than my 88 Buick Century, though that has pretty big trunk for a mid
> size car...

mmm...Lincoln.

My father always wanted a Lincoln Mark VIII.  He called it "the ultimate
landlord-mobile".  I told him if he bought one, I'd get him custom
plates: SLUMLRD

I thought it was kind of funny that during this
big-vehicle/SUV/gashog/physics thread, that I bought a complement to my
'03 S-10.  I purchased a '97 Ford Econoslime Conversion Van.  The thing
is a monster.  My garage door opens to 6'9" - this thing is 6'8.75", but
(as we found out), the cross-bar on the roof rack bows up another 1/2"
in the center, so we had to raise the garage door, and always keep a
full tank of gas (and maybe let a little air out of the tires), so it
sits low enough to fit.

So this monster sits in my garage - it's just huge, you can almost see
the sides of the garage bowing out trying to contain it...but
nose-to-tail, the 95 Interceptor is STILL LONGER!

It's a sweet van though - not as pimpin as the Shaggin Wagon (the van is
much too nice to be "pimpin").  But it's got a 9" TV/VCR, 12-disc CD
changer, ABS, and Positraction.  My old man used it for ice fishing - he
actually took this beast out on the ice, windows open in case he went
through.  It's ice fishing days are over, but it will probably see quite
a few more Griswald-esq family vacations, dog shows, and fishing trips.

Doing my part to use up all the fossil fuel,
Adam