I was just in a conversation with a friend about this; apparently FAT16/32
stores the FAT in several locations and is recoverable. So he had heard to
people able to do it, and he was going to do so for a friend, but his own
drive died before he got around to it. So you have one fourth-hand "it can
be done...somehow"

Hope that helps a little...

John

http://www.mn-linux.org tclug-list at mn-linux.org