>      I doubt that any harm would come from removing the files in this
> directory, but I don't really see the benefit.  It shouldn't take up more
> than a couple of megabytes, and if you're that strapped for space, there are
> probably better solutions ;)

Yeah it was only a couple megabytes, guess I'll space hunt elsewhere.  I'm not overly concerned, but I'm at about 80% disk and there are a couple apps I want to install yet on this thing.  I tried going with a lighter WM like blackbox or Windowmaker, but I'm having too many odd font issues (and yes I ran fc-cache).  I still cannot display any text on GDM or on the prompt that comes up when I try to log out of gnome, not sure what that's all about, otherwise it's a pretty sweet distro.

Josh