AFAICT, the files in this directory are just listings of files which have
been removed from your system when you installed particular packages.  This
could be useful information if your system can't find a particular file which
you formerly had, and you need to know which package it was part of.

     I doubt that any harm would come from removing the files in this
directory, but I don't really see the benefit.  It shouldn't take up more
than a couple of megabytes, and if you're that strapped for space, there are
probably better solutions ;)