B_o_B writes:
> I am planning on dumping our current mail set-up at work, and have
> been researching alternatives.  The Courier Mail sever caught my eye.
> I like many of the features it has.  I was wondering what peoples
> opinions were about Courier?

I tried it out a couple of years ago.  It was relatively easy to get working
with MySQL user accounts, which I liked.  If you are looking for a complete
mail system that has everything (SMTP, POP3, IMAP, webmail), Courier MTA is
probably it.  The integration is nice from a certain standpoint.

My biggest issue with Courier is with the author.  At one point, he blocked
me from accessing his web pages (including the Courier pages) simply because
I used SBC DSL, whom he thought was too lax about spam.  Find out more about
this here:

http://www.spambag.org/

It's difficult to put trust in software when the author blocks you due to
your ISP, especially when you have no real choice in the matter.

--
David Phillips <david at acz.org>
http://david.acz.org/