On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 14:27:39 -0600
Josh Trutwin <josh at trutwins.homeip.net> wrote:

> I know there are a couple Slack enthusiasts on this list, so I was wondering if any of them knew if Slackware 9.2 is due out any time soon?  I want to put Slackware on a laptop and judging by their release history it seems as if a new release is due any day now.

The way things are looking right now, the next slack release might be in the first quarter of 2004 - and offer a 2.6.X kernel as an option to the 2.4 series.

There is also some debate as to what the version of the next release will be.. it would not be out of the question to see Slack 10.0 vs. a possible 9.2.

Considered taking a look at -current?

-Bill