You could use ssh (and use sftp or scp.) Its not ftp but its
encrypted and has a client for every OS.

Or you could use https (apache+ssl) and write a simple file
upload CGI script. Again not FTP but encrypted and available from
any OS.

@

On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 11:10:31AM -0600, Johnny Fulcrum wrote:
> Some folk at work have some ftp needs that go above and beyond our
> anonymous "blinb" ftp site we already have.  They need something where one
> time users can drop off files (maybe as an anonymous users) but also
> recurrent file transmitors would have a user id and be able to "pick up"
> and drop off stuff...so there'd be admin of users/passwords.  Security is
> a concenr too (!)...I've played with wu-ftp and the ftp daemons that come
> "out of the box" with Mandrake (proftp I think)...  but was wondering what
> y'all use and how it's secured and how user admin is handled!
>
> Thanks
> johnnyf

Aaron Thompson   Unix Systems Administrator, College of Natural Science
University of Northern Iowa                      Cedar Falls, IA  50614

"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't."
                                                        -Douglas Adams