Mark J. Kroska wrote:
> Ooh, one that I can answer!  <usually lurking>
>
> when you log in, disable the "interactive" mode which is set to default,
> like this:
>
> ftp -i hostname
>
> then you can use "mget *" and it won't prompt for confirmation.
> for more details, use "man ftp"

Speaking of ftp...you should try out ncftp.  It's a console ftp client,
but it has *many* features that aren't present in the default ftp
client.  Here is a short list of some of the cool features:

1. Bookmarking of ftp sites/directories.
2. While browsing, you can do bash-like tab string completion.  This is
awesome.
3. You can elect to save usernames/passwords.
4. Automatic logging into anonymous sites.  No need to type "anonymous"
and "foo at bar.com" each time.

-Erik