Yeah, I gottta back Tom here.  I know little yet about software, but my
hardware installation instincts say
that you may have fixed your problem with a thing called "JFM" (Just F**
Magic).  It most often has to do with small
hardware wiggles that you can only document with a video diary of all
physical adjustments.  Best to learn
to accept this and move on.