The "rute" pdf file will not open in the Mozilla browser, since it is
compressed. You need to right click on it and choose "Save Link Target
As...", once it is downloaded, use the appropriate uncompression tool to
expand it.

Personally, I downloaded it on my Win98SE machine and used UltimateZip
to uncompress it.

Sam MacDonald wrote:
> Careful the link to the html document goes to
>       http://xaura-vip.tiscali.co.za/tiscali/?icon=1
> and the PDF link gives an error of "file does not start with (% PDF)
> It hung the Mozilla 1.4 connection.
>
> Sam.
>
> Erik Anderson wrote:
>
>> How about Rute?
>>
>> http://www.icon.co.za/~psheer/book/rute.html.gz
>>
>> It's a very good, free Linux book.  It can be viewed online as well as
>> downloaded in pdf or html format.
>>
>> -Erik
>>
>> Chuck Hays wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> My father is a fairly advanced windows user, and has a CS degree (albeit
>>> from 1971...), he however has never used linux, and would like to
>>> learn.  I am looking for a book that balances server administration and
>>> desktop use both.  Does anyone have any favorites?  It definitely does
>>> not need to be "linux for dummies", but can't be too advanced.
>>>
>>> Thanks for your advice,
>>>
>>> -Chuck Hays
>>> lists at chuckhays.net

Todd Young