Shawn writes:
>   Looking for some ideas on various business and taxes software that
> people use.  Specifically: inventory/sales/contacts, tax
> reports/filings, and accounting.  Pros/cons, and things to watch out
> for, of each that you recommend please.

QuickBooks seems to be the standard for small businesses.

Accounting software is not something I would trust to open source.  You want
something that is used by thousands of people and is hopefully written by a
team of experts who understand business rules and tax laws.  This is
especially true if you aren't an accountant and don't know how to do it
yourself.

--
David Phillips <david at acz.org>
http://david.acz.org/