Apparently I've killed a brain cell.  At any rate:

I've got a PC that I want to try a RedHat 9 install on.
It doesn't have a floppy or CD on it.  It does have
a BOOTROM with etherboot on it.

It seems like in the past I did something like:

- Set up dhcpd.conf to supply a kernel name and some
   parameters:

    group {
       use-host-decl-names        on;
       option root-path           "192.168.164.47:/distros/shrike";
       filename                   "/rh-netinstall/vmlinuz.nb";

       host wildeb {fixed-address wildeb;hardware ethernet 00:40:05:34:c6:f9;}
}

- Setup tftp

- Create a tagged image from the kernel and initrd.img supplied by redhat in the
   images/pxeboot

   mkelf-linux --rootdir=rom vmlinuz initrd.img >/tftpboot/rh-netinstall/vmlinuz.nb

- Copy the distro cds to a directory (/distros/shrike)

- Setup nfs to export /distros/shrike

At this point I reboot the PC, it loads vmlinuz.nb and stops with the message:

Top of ramdisk is 0x07c000000
Ramdisk at 0x796b000, size 0x00295000

I seem to remember that I need either more parameters passed via DHCP or
mkelf, but I can't remember what, and my bash history doesn't seem to go
back more than about a month (I need it to go back about 3 years).

Hep me
Kent