On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 07:56:00AM -0600, Johnny Fulcrum wrote:
> On another note - what does everyone use under linux to rip/encode your cd
> library - I'm going ogg, and see that grip will rip and ogg stuff....
> other options?  I like auto look up for names artist etc..  tags are good
> too!

I've been a long time grip user and I really like it.  Being able to
insert the CD and walk away until the CD ejects is really nice.

I'm working on switching to abcde because recent builds of grip on
Debian unstable depend on all the Gnome libraries.  I don't use Gnome or
KDE so I try not to have any of their supporting libraries installed.
I've ripped and encoded a few CDs so far and found that I need to do a
little customization to match my naming scheme, but it worked well.

So grip and abcde are good in my book.

Nate