Yaron wrote:
> Solaris is a free download from Sun's website.
> http://wwws.sun.com/software/solaris/binaries/get.html

Josh, since it sounds like you are kicking the tires perhaps
you might be interested in trying the next release of Solaris
(following Solaris 9.... marketing has not yet decided on a name).

Apparently you can try recent builds of Solaris (free for non-commercial use,
$99 otherwise) with the Solaris Express program:
   http://wwws.sun.com/software/solaris/solaris-express/sol_index.html

I haven't tried Solaris Express (yet) but I have been playing
with "the next release of Solaris" and it has some neat features...
If you (or anyone else) has feedback about Solaris Express I'd
be curious to hear it...  That being said I'm running debian
on my (personal) machines.

For other Solaris documentation (beyond the links you get from
the above) see also:
   http://developer.sun.com/prodtech/solaris/x86/index.html

Regards,

--Tom

disclaimer: my paycheck has the SUNW logo on it.