You are correct, except for 1 thing.  The "Delta" blade guard is
designed to let ("let" is the wrong word) the blade exit the back of the
guard rather than the front even if the saw bucks "up".  At least that's
what the Delta rep said when I asked at the tool show.

In any case CD ROM drives shouldn't be a consumer hazard.  Is it greed
that makes companies build and sell things knowing they are not safe?
For myself I wont buy anything that could harm my Son or Daughter. Don't
get me wrong my Son has a baseball bat and he has made a mistake with
it.  But when it comes to a machine I draw the line, I'm the parent I
can do that. :-)

Sam.