On 12/02 04:29 , Matt Murphy wrote:
> 	It could be stealthy, at first glance it's one of those goofy aftermarket bumpers, but hit the right switch and the SUV in front of you goes a rollin' over.

I always thought it would be a good idea to have heavy-duty spring-loaded
bumpers on cars, just like you see on older European railroad cars. I
suspect the reason cars aren't generally fitted this way, is because:

1. it would add to the cost, and cheaper is usually considered to be better
2. the car companies make an outrageous fortune by selling you replacement
parts that cost a lot of money, and only fit one particular model year and
vehicle. They love crumple zones; it means they can sell you a good chunk
of a new car!

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Systems Administrator