Ben Bargabus wrote:

>> For the first time in decades the survivability of a crash is going
>> down, and I think it's pretty safe to say it's because of the
>> mismatch in vehicle sizes.
>

> I hope you're not implying that the solution is then to bring everyone
> to the lowest common denominator (ie 1500 pound cars).
>
> Ben.

No, I think the solution is to try to get people to think about the real
cost of SUV's and big vehicles and make an enlightened selfish decision
about what they want to drive.

Based on what I see when I drive, I would say the SUV trend has peaked,
and people are already deciding to go to smaller vehicles.

If I were to advocate anything more than thinking, I would probably address
Matthews point in another e-mail about training, and possibly push for
a different sort of license test for large vehicles (something like a
Class B license).  The requirements for driving a large vehicle are different
enough that I think a different class of license may be warranted.

Kent