On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 12:12:21PM -0600, Matt Murphy wrote:

> 	True, but studies show *you* won't be better off
> because you have a big car, the other guy will just be worse off.
> (at least that's what studies of SUVs said) So, basically if you're
> just out to kill other people, go for it, but I'll be hoping my crumple
> zones (and quick reflexes) protect me.

Not exactly true, the mass of my '88 chevy is more than enough to plow
*through* the fiberglass cars and continue on my merry way until friction
brings me to a "gentle" halt.

On the extreme end, consider a semi or train running into a vehicle,
the mass is too great for one of those dinky cars to stop.