"Brent Friedman" <bfriedman at exstream.com> writes:

> I am trying to find a baseline number for some testing that I am
> doing, and after googling without success, I thought I might see if
> anyone has run into this before.
>
> I am trying to put together a testing framework for an intranet
> application.  I know that I will encounter some dropped http
> connections when doing external testing, but I have never had to
> provide an 'expected' number of errors for something like this.

Analog reports (last 35 days, across multiple domains):

 5,091,910 successful requests
   105,825 failed requests

or 2% failure.

It'll probably be lower for an intranet situation; among many other
things, I have a lot of failures from search engines looking for
robots.txt in domains that don't have one, and such, browsers looking
for favicon.ico where it isn't, and so forth.  And of course your
local network connectivity will be more stable than my DSL and the
rest of the internet -- I hope!
--
David Dyer-Bennet, <dd-b at dd-b.net>, <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/>
Photos: <dd-b.lighthunters.net>  Snapshots: <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/>