My Dell 1150 PCMCIA says "Lucent Technologies" on the name plate.  Lucent
sold the Orinoco name and kept supplying the chips.  I think Lucent/Agere
did/does the housebranding for several names like Dell for a while.. maybe
still.  Mine was assembled in Taiwan, but the chips came from PA.  I don't
remember more details.

Orinoco from Proxim is the one I would not trust today.  The old Orinoco
Silver cards are sometimes very cheap on eBay.  Similarly, the Dell 1150s
are less expensive (and I think better) than the Proxim quirky stuff.  When
looking for Dell PCMCIA cards on eBay be sure to see the markings of a
current 1150 and not the old Wavelan products nor the bandit product being
sold by a company that says Dell in its header but actually has a brand-x
unknown card.

Chuck