Matt Thoren wrote:
> I am considering buying a wireless pcmcia card for my laptop running RH8.
> What is the most linux friendly card to buy?

no experience personally, my laptop has wi-fi built in.  You want a Prism
based chipset I believe.  I've heard good things about Netgear MA401,
which is a 16-bit card, but again, not personal experience with it.
It also depends on what speed/standard you want to interface with.
802.11b is probably in most widespread usage.

you could also try asking the wireless users group (TCWUG)
http://www.tcwug.org/

> Where are the best wifi locations in the Twin Cities?

I've put together a small list of some wireless spots here:
http://thinkunix.net/unix/networking/wireless/

--
scot