On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 09:41:06AM -0500, Shawn wrote:
> I want to take an ls of a directory and dump it into an html file
> (pics) for temporary use. Until I get a sight up with thumbnails (read
> lack of time right now).

You are making this more complicated than it has to be.  Why not use the
'-source' option from lynx to dump the html of the current directory?

	shell$ lynx -source . > index.html

You could use find to recursively create index files:

	shell$ for d in `find . -type d`; do
	> pushd $d
	> lynx -source . > index.html
	> popd
	> done

I use a photo albumn creator called curator.  It's a python program that
creates thumbnails, indexes, and custom HTML pages.  Very cool.  It can
be run on a batch basis, so that you don't have to screw around with CGI
scripts and the like.  You get static HTML output, which is usually good
enough for most photo albumns.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/