"Lansing, Dan" <Dan.Lansing at AndersenCorp.com> writes:

> Ok...not Linux related but I have looked everywhere...does anyone know where I can find a good how on making a wall jack for networks....just what the wiring order is or what ever....i know how to make the Ethernet cable....i have buttloads of cat 5 but after extensive googling I have come up with nothing but adds selling punchdown tools and guides telling college kids how to plug their PCs in to the wall jacks in their dorms.....thanks

The Cat5 wall jacks I've used are 110 punchdown devices, and they have
the same color coding as is in the CAT5 cables marked on the places
you punch the wires down.  Kinda hard to miss when they make aiming
that easy!
--
David Dyer-Bennet, <dd-b at dd-b.net>, <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/>
Photos: <dd-b.lighthunters.net>  Snapshots: <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/>