On Fri, 22 Aug 2003, Sam MacDonald wrote:
> The Wandering Dru wrote:
> > I believe the root path on Red Hat does not include the current
> > directory by default (I could be wrong on this as I don't run RH that
> > often). If you are in the init.d directory,
> >
> > ./sshd stop
> >
> > should work ok.
> >
> now that works just GREAT and much less typing.
> I know, I know, write a script, all in good time.

 You're thinking about writing a script to execute a script?
 My usual technique is to run `service sshd <whatever>`.  As long as you
have root's $PATH (the service command is in /sbin/), it'll work, and it
merely executed the /etc/rc.d/init.d/sshd script (but without the hassle
of typing that path).

     Jima