Maybe a bit off topic, but I'd like to share this:

I've been using Linux at work more and more... two things really
kept me tied to windows:  The internal company website and outlook.

The internal web site is used for lots of info as well as time entry.
It uses NTLM to authenticate users - NTLM is super secret handshakes
only Microsoft products know how to do.  SO I'm stuck using IE...

until I found this: http://toastytech.com/evil/msproxy.html
which lead me to this:
http://apserver.sourceforge.net/
which took about 2 seconds to set up.  Now I'm cruising the company web
site
with my trusty Opera 7.20 Beta 3 on Mandrake 9.1

Outlook is next...  foolin around on the LAN at work, I find that the
exchange server has a pop3 service running - all the good ports are open
and waiting. I can relay out going mail, but I tried every authentication
method I know of to "log on" to port 25 to get my mail.  Nothing works - I
figure it's using NTLM too....

Anyone every get a non MS mail client to connect to a pop3 that's using
NTLM
authentication?  Mail NTLM proxy perhaps?  My search continues...

:)