On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, Phil Wilshire wrote:

>  This was a posting on OCLUG in Ottawa from Richard Jenniss.
>  Now Bruce Perens and others have proven their exposed claims to be absolutely false it is time to
>  stop this charade.
>  Lets  do this today if you can. The FTC want to hear from us.
>
>  In my case my customers are asking me about these allegations from SCO and are wondering
>  why SCO can keep making these claims if they are PROVEN to be untrue.
>
>  The demand for payment as protection against possibly being sued at some later date is,
>  basically, a gangster racket.
>
>  Their refusal to reveal the Code in question is forcing us into a no win situation if there IS any
>  code from their sources.
>
>  The overall pattern is one of untruth, deception and extortion.

Mine has been filed:

How Much Did the Company Ask You to Pay?:	5592.00
How Much Did You Actually Pay the Company?:	0.00
How Did You Pay the Company?:	Unknown
Explain Your Problem: (Please limit your complaint to 2000 characters.):
SCO is threating to sue Linux users unless they pay their licensing fee.
SCO hasn't provided any proof to legitimize their claims nor have they
provided proof in any court of law. They simply are making the claims at
this time and trying to extort as much money from users as they can before
their court case proves their claims baseless. This is well documented on
their web site and in interviews they have provided.

http://www.sco.com/scosource/linuxlicensefaq.html

http://www.nwfusion.com/news/2003/0721sco.html

http://reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=technologyNews&storyID=3226167

http://www.vnunet.com/News/1142659