On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 18:18:41 -0500
"Tom Wurdock" <twurdock at wordesign.net> wrote:

> I don't have any idea why, but when I boot, the process freezes at:

If this 'just started happening', you need to get memtest86 from www.memtest86.com and let it run.. The kernel uses lower memory regions, so if you have bad RAM down there, memtest86 will find it quickly.

On the other hand, when I last used memtest86, it was not able to scan the portion of the low RAM area in which it ran. This may have been figured out in the lastest version. Find out if or how it affects *you*.

Bill